Carl Sutton was a very popular American actress. She rose to prominence for her works in all films, television, and theatre. She is best known for her appearances in the films “Steel Magnolias,” “Monster’s Ball,” “Ray,” among many others.
Likewise, she was last seen on the Netflix action-adventure teen drama “Outer Banks” in the role of Pope’s Great Grandma, Me-Maw. As of today, Outer Banks has dedicated an entire episode and a title on her death. Moreover, at the end of the sixth episode, there is a tribute to Carol Sutton, an actress who is not part of the main cast in the show. As a result, fans were quickly searching to find out who Sutton is and why she got a shout-out.It turns out her presence in the second season was one of the most beloved moments of any episode.
Why Outer Banks Paid Tribute to Carol Sutton
Carol Sutton had a small but important role in the sixth episode of Outer Banks’ second season. Throughout the season, the Pogues were finding out more about their families in their quest for the $400 million treasure.
In the sixth episode, the focus moves to Pope, who goes to visit his Mee-Maw in an assisted living center with questions for her about a key he found in her home. Eventually, she tells him the key belongs to an ancestor and Pope sets out on yet another quest for more information.
Sutton played Pope’s Mee-Maw in a touching scene which fans took to very strongly. At the end of the episode, a tribute was put out to Sutton, who died on December 10, 2020 from complications relating to COVID-19, just days after her 76th birthday.
Carl Sutton Death Cause
Carl Sutton’s death cause was due to the pandemic Covid-19 virus. She passed away on December 10, 2020, seven days after her 76th birthday. She took her last breathe in New Orleans and is cremated at Mount Olivet Cemetery in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Carl Sutton Wiki, Zodiac, Dating
|Real Name||Carl Sutton|
|Age||76-yrs old (Died)|
|Height||approx 5 feet 5 inches|
|Weight||approx 65 Kg|
|Body Stats||approx 34-28-40 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||34 C|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Income Source||Acting Career|
How much was the net worth of Carl Sutton?
Acting was her main source of income. Her net worth was estimated to be $3 million.
Carl Sutton Height & Weight
Carl Sutton’s height was around 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs around 65 Kg. She had dark brown eyes and has blonde hair.
Carl Sutton Career
- Her TV debut was in the mid-1970s, but her big-screen breakthrough came in 1989, when she played Nurse Pam in Steel Magnolias.
- Nurse Pam was one of those caring for Shelby (played by Julia Roberts) in the movie, meaning she was part of some of the most dramatic and memorable scenes of the film.
Carl Sutton Trivia
- Carol Sutton was an actress who performed in film, TV and on the stage throughout her long career.
- Sutton also had a small role in Ray, the biopic of Ray Charles which saw Jamie Foxx win an Oscar for his performance.
- In recent years she has had small roles in American Horror Story, Queen Sugar and Seth Rogen-movie This Is The End.