If your family is like mine, we love our movies and shows. We got rid of cable about 8 years ago and never looked back thanks to Netflix and Amazon video. However, if you access streaming services only chances are you don’t have every TV show and Movie in your library even though there is no “Expensive Cable” bill.
To get the most content you will need a combination of subscriptions such as Amazon, Netflix and / or Hulu (in most cases). There is also the option to purchase single network shows for around $1.99 an episode or sometimes even less if they are on sale. Not every show will be available in this method but it sure is better than paying full price. For kids TV Shows there are places like “Crunchyroll” where one subscription gets you access to hours upon hours of content including Pokemon which my son absolutely loves ! Crunchyroll has apps available for streaming boxes including , Roku, Fire TV, Apple Tv & Android TV devices . The good news about Pluto TV is that it gives cord cutters access to some great content and some exclusive content that will not be available any where else at no extra cost.
What is Pluto TV?
Pluto TV is a free streaming service that can be integrated into your home screen on Android boxes allowing you fast and easy access to 100’s of channels of streaming video content without ever having to use an actual TV Cable Box ! Something cool about Pluto TV is that it has partnerships with networks such as NBC / CBS / Fox / Viacom & many others so there are newer shows from these networks available on demand. Of course, if you have or have had Netflix in the past all the older stuff will probably already be in your viewing library . There are literally hundreds of hours of “Exclusive” videos unique to Pluto TV presently and hundreds more are added to the mix all the time making it one of (if not) the best things about Pluto TV .
Pluto TV Helpline
The Pluto TV Box channel will be available within 24 hours after completing this tutorial. This is for new devices only since they will need something to sync with https://my.pluto.tv/link ? The link can take up to 24 hours before being activated so please be patient ! The live stream will also become available shortly afterwards, so there’s nothing else you have to do except watch free Movies & Shows. Enjoy.
Signing Up for Pluto TV
- Head over to the Pluto TV website and sign up for a free account !
- You will be redirected to a page in which you have the option of signing in with your email address, Facebook or Google account . If you choose Facebook or Google just enter your credentials when prompted and press Login .
- If you choose to login with an email address , create one from there if you do not already have one. After doing so, simply enter this same email address upon completing this tutorial at Step #6 (below) and click “Activate Account” . This will activate your channel on all Android devices that are linked to that same Gmail / Email Address !
- Go through Pluto TV ‘s channel list until you find something you like then press the green arrow button. On Roku this will be located at the top right of the screen while on other Android devices it is typically located below the channel banner .
- You are now ready to watch tons of great content ! Your live stream should also begin playing shortly afterwards if it has not already done so ! From here, all you have to do is enjoy Pluto TV !
- After signing up for a free account , go back to your home screen and locate Pluto TV . If you know how to add apps via ADB (Android Debug Bridge) just open an ADB shell prompt in your Android IDE (Integrated Development Environment) then enter ” pm install -r com.pluto.player “. If you choose this method, skip down to the ” Adding Pluto TV Using ADB (Android Debug Bridge)” section below.
- For those who don’t know how to install .apk files via ADB, simply download the Pluto TV app from here and select your Android device upon downloading it . Then press either “Open File” or just wait for it to automatically open once complete. Finally , press Install then Open! You will now be presented with a message that reads “Pluto TV is trying to access system tools that might affect other applications. Allow?” Just select OK ! Once all of this is done, you are ready to begin watching tons of great content ! Simply head back over to your home screen and start enjoying nonstop content !
Adding Pluto TV Using ADB (Android Debug Bridge)
- Open an ADB shell prompt in your Android IDE (Integrated Development Environment). If you do not know how to do this, follow the instructions here . Then enter ” pm install -r com.pluto.player ” then press Enter . You are now ready to enjoy tons of great content without ever having to pay a cable company for Cable TV ever again! Enjoy 100’s of hours of free content just by signing up for a free account at www.Pluto.TV ! Good luck and enjoy !
FAQ about How To Activate Pluto TV
Why can’t I add Pluto TV using an APK?
This is due to the fact that all app names start with com.google. for example: YouTube, Google Maps, Gmail etc.
Why can’t I add Pluto TV using an APK?
This is due to the fact that all app names start with com.android.vending for example: Spotify, Pandora, Angry Birds etc. Pluto TV has a .com instead of a .com.android making it impossible to find by scanning through your apps list constantly looking for the com… string!
Why does my live stream not work?
If you do not have a solid Internet connection then this could be the case as well as having an older computer or device since they are now compressed in order to reduce bandwidth usage.
Clearing Caches / Data on Android Devices
Only do this if you know how to use ADB! If not, just ignore this method and move on. If you do know how to use ADB, have a custom recovery installed and can get root access then please follow these instructions:
- Open an ADB shell prompt in your Android IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- If you do not know how to do this, follow the instructions here .
- Then enter ” pm clear com.pluto.player “.
- You are now ready to enjoy tons of great content without ever having to pay a cable company for Cable TV ever again!
- Enjoy 100’s of hours of free content just by signing up for a free account at www.Pluto.TV.
Do you need to activate Pluto TV?
No , you do not need to activate Pluto TV! Once you signup for free and link your account, it will be activated instantly with no waiting period or activation e-mails. You can now begin enjoying all of the nonstop content available on your live stream and 100’s more.
Why does my app keep stopping?
This can happen if your device falls asleep or has a low battery then kicks itself into Sleep Mode . Unfortunately this is due to the way Android 4.4 (KitKat) handles background services which can’t be helped at this time until Google fixes it themselves in an update such as they did with 4.3 (Jelly Bean). This usually occurs when using an older device or one that has a weak CPU.
Finally, if you are struggling to watch your live stream for any reason at all, please feel free to post a question about it in the comment section below. Also, if you have found this tutorial useful then please share it with others who might also benefit from it. Good Luck! Enjoy! 🙂
“Note: If you need technical help, place your request in our forum! Our community will try to help as soon as possible.” – www.PlutoTV.net