The phrase “Shadman” implies a dislike for work by artist Shadman and is used in online communities to express that sentiment.
The expression is frequently associated with images of characters emerging from doors, notably Winslow T. Oddfellow from the 1999 series CatDog.
What Is Shadman?
Origin The original use of the phrase “lurk more” is thought to have come from 4chan in early 2015, however the first archived occurrence may be found on 4chan’s video game board in a contribution posted on October 25th, 2015. An anonymous user responds to a Shadman comic with the greentext response (below).
- Shadman Shadman, better known as Shaddai Prejean, is a webcomic creator who produces Shadbase, an online gallery featuring rule 34 nudes of fictitious and real characters.
- In certain communities, his artwork has drawn many critics due to the fetishes commonly depicted in his work (such as lolis, futanari, tattoos, or piercings), as well as his artstyle and color palette, which have made him divisive.
- Winslow Walking the Door The photo is from CatDog’s episode Fishing for Trouble, which aired on February 15th, 1999.
- Winslow T. Oddfellow leaves his room to discover Cat going into Dog’s mouth (looking for Dog’s fish Veronica) while immediately turning around and shutting the door (shown below).
- The image has been used to convey abhorrence or disagreement on the internet.